Howden is a global engineering business who focuses on providing clients with industrial products that help multiple sectors improve their everyday processes. Howden’s core focus is on providing quality solutions for air and gas handling, and have over a century of experiences in doing so. Howden Group has approximately 5,000 employees.
We are currently seeking a Panel Shop Supervisor based at our Windsor, CT location.
What needs to be done?
- Ability to work from diagrams, schematics and prints.
- Requires a good knowledge of electronic and electrical components, hardware and circuitry.
- Requires a good knowledge of industry wiring, assembly procedures and standards.
- Maintain UL Certification standards as required. Operate a variety of hand, electric, power tools and meters as required.
- Ability to install electrical and electro-mechanical instrumentation. Download programs and test units as required.
- Maintain documentation as per established quality standards and Engineering test specifications. Manage daily workflow to meet overall production and business goals.
- Maintain time keeping records. Oversee employee’s productivity, performance, provide guidance, support and identify development needs. Responsible for training of new employees.
- Prepare and submit performance reports.
- This is a working supervisor role
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Observe all safety regulations.
What do you need to bring
- Experience working in a Manufacture environment.
- Able to read and understand working instructions
- Ability to use various forms of measuring devices and hand tools.
- Hands on work ethic, sense of urgency and team player.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate both verbally and written at all levels of the organization and with the customer.
- Ability to stand on your feet for periods of time, stooping, bending, twisting.
- Must be able to handle multiple task and attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Trained on using lifting devices and fork trucks.