Jonesboro - SW Br. 28 - Jonesboro, AR
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
This position is a float-based position with whose primary goal is to expand and retain customer relationships by proactively meeting with the customer to discover their financial needs and provide both product and service recommendations to them.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL SOUTHERN BANK TEAM MEMBERS
• Southern Bank team members are a family, rooted in the communities we serve and working together to be the best in our industry, utilizing innovative ideas and strong products. The Southern Bank Patch illustrates these ideals.
• Ensures the confidentiality of customer non-public personal information and secures information systems to comply with bank regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Builds new customer relationships through frequent interactions with customers; proactively contacts customers;
• Participates in a welcoming lobby experience, working with or directing customers to an appropriate team member based upon their identified needs and encourages utilization of products when necessary.
• Promotes teamwork in the float branches and in the branches when floating to ensure a positive overall customer experience.
• Helps to foster teamwork in the branch to ensure a positive overall customer experience by participating proactively in branch activities.
• Assists, trains and mentors all branch retail staff by being their primary point of contact for the region as a whole.
• Defines and offers solutions to resolve problems. Resolves more complex customer issues. Uses knowledge of the bank to identify helpful resources.
• Identifies financial needs of customers and presents all appropriate product and service options by working cooperatively with appropriate internal team members;
• Proactively educates customers on utilizing available access channels;
• Acts as business product and services expert in the branch, included but not limited to, cash management services, remote deposit services, ICS/CDARS and merchant services;
• Maintains thorough knowledge of procedures required for ATM/ITM settlement, night depository, vault cash, safe deposit, opening/closing procedures, ordering cash, and preparation of cash for shipment and receipt of cash shipment;
• Maintains thorough knowledge of bank regulatory requirements included, but not limited to,
Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Customer Privacy and Information Security;
• Maintains proficiency in bank products and services such as internet banking, bill pay, mobile
banking, mobile deposits, card valet and other customer products;
• Takes ownership of the customer experience, including opening accounts with other products
conveyed to the customer and resolving service issues as appropriate through follow-up.
• Prepares and compiles more complex new customer data to open new accounts including, but
not limited to, commercial/business checking, individual, retirement accounts, trusts, estates,
IOLTA's, representative payees, etc.
• Maintains trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality and honesty in dealing
with internal or external customers;
• Adheres to Southern Bank Telephone Standards, supporting a favorable environment for open
communication and addresses concerns or problems in an open manner.
• Maintains reliable attendance with the ability to work a schedule that may include working
nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to assist in bank mergers which may require overnight stays for a week at a time.
• Must be able to assist at various branches across Southern Bank's footprint when needed and
travel for training on a quarterly basis; and,
• Performs all other duties which may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent understanding of the Bank's products and services;
• Proficient in business products (i.e. Cash Management, Remote Deposit
• Demonstrated positive and helpful attitude toward both internal and external customers;
• Ability to multi-task and work under high stress situations;
• Capability to work in different environments and adjust to different surroundings often;
• Good interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to use effective communication
skills, understand procedures, and speak clearly to customers, employees and supervisors;
• Good computer skills; and,
• Excellent customer service skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Three years experience;
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those
of the organization.
Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and
activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's
Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward
the completion of goals.
Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Sales Ability/Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.