New Wave Design and Verification (NWDV) is looking for an experienced New Product Introduction (NPI) or Product Maturation Engineer to support its growing Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) product lines. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, self-motivated engineering leader who will develop the NWDV Test & Validation program to ensure product performance meets highest industry standards. This position will establish NWDV's objective testing approach(es) for maturing initial product releases covering prototype, full product release and long-term verification, as well as providing significant input on design for Manufacturability/Produce ability and long-term reliability.
Minimum BS in EE or related engineering discipline with 10 years of experience.
Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) methodologies and Automated Test Equipment (ATE) development.
Experience with Mil/Aero Designs
- Deep understanding of manufacturing electronic products and generating test processes.
- Understand product specifications and system requirements and create related test, verification & validation requirements.
- Understanding and ability to facilitate and run EMC, environmental, shock/vibration, thermal, and other tests as required with electronics products.
- Comfortable with using basic EE test equipment like DMM, Oscilloscope, Protocol Analyzers to triage problems and work with appropriate group to drive failure analysis.
- Familiarity/understanding of protocols such as Ethernet, Fibre Channel, I2C, SPI, UART.
- Understanding of real-time embedded systems.
- Familiarity with High-speed digital design including microprocessors, microcontrollers, clocks, interfacing and PCBs
- Experience/familiarity with designing per VITA 47 standards and agency certifications, such as FCC, UL, CE, etc.
- Worked with FPGAs, DDR and FLASH memory
- Defense experience a plus
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Full responsibility of taking product designs from engineering into volume production.
- Actively participate with engineering in the Design, Implementation, Validation, Release, and Support phases and represent Test & Manufacturing group's interests.
- Review Hardware Design with considerations towards risk mitigation, reliability, maintainability, DFM, testability, etc.
- Use HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing) and HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screen) methodologies for quality and reliability testing.
- Lead system Verification and Validation (V&V) testing, data analysis and reporting, discrepancy reporting and corrective actions to ensure production readiness.
- Use Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodologies to collect data, interpret data, draw conclusions to optimize testing and recommend design improvements.
- Support design group in resolving engineering problems found during prototype, production and field-testing phases.
- Consider test costs/time and ways to constantly improve.
Due to the type of work at our facilities and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be of a "U.S. Person". The candidate must be able to prove so, with remittance of proper identification supporting so, upon an acceptance of employment.
About New Wave DV:
New Wave DV is dynamic and growing technology company, a leader in international electronics sourcing, design, verification, and service for the commercial, telecommunications, aerospace, defense, and high-reliability markets since 2005.
The New Wave Design and Verification, LLC team is made up of passionate engineers who have extensive experience designing, building, testing, and delivering electronic systems.