A Quality Engineer job based in Nottingham within the aerospace industry paying up to £35,000 DOE Your new companyHays are delighted to be working alongside our global aerospace partner client in recruiting a Quality Engineer to join their successful operation in Nottingham. This organisation are dedicated to their people and out of their first-class manufacturing facility produce complex products for the aerospace sector.Your new roleYour new roles as a Quality Engineer will be to implement quality standards and systems across the manufacturing site. Main responsibilities involved in your role will include:
- One of the main points of contact for internal and external customers on quality issues.
- Support the NPI team by providing critical quality information when required.
- Generating FAIR's and product approvals.
- Use problem solving tools including 8D's and 5Y's for corrective actions and investigating issues.
- Generating inspection control plans, procedures and process maps.
- Supplier approvals process.
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions are carried out.
- Support in the development of the company quality management system.
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm, with a 1pm finish on a Friday.
What you'll need to succeedTo be successful in your new role you will:
- Be motivated to work to achieve and succeed targets.
- Experience within the aerospace sector.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within a related engineering discipline.
- Previous experience working in a similar role to AS9100 or ISO9001 standards.
- Strong experience in conducting root cause analysis.
- Ideally qualified to conduct internal audits to the above standards.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma would be desirable.
What you'll get in returnIn return you will receive an excellent basic salary of up to £35,000, plus the opportunity to progress and undertake further training with this fantastic organisation. Benefits include free on site parking, company quarterly bonus, and 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays, alongside other benefits.What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.