Indian Health Service is hiring for an ICU RN in Phoenix, AZ.
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement:
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be covered.
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $88,428 - $111,251 per year
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
Experience in assessing the needs of patients, prioritizing and organizing the plan of care from ICU admission through discharge.
Utilizes the nursing process to identify individual patient needs and to develop, implement and evaluate plans of patient care for critically ill patients.
Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific to age of the patient (adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric, neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social-cultural needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching.
Observes and assesses patient's clinical condition: recognizes, identifies and interprets serious situations and immediately implements proper action.
Documents observations, nursing interventions, responses to therapeutic measures and status of coordinated activities between nursing and other professional disciplines utilizing the approved hospital format.
Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician to include, but not limited to, medication administration, intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, treatments and maintains those measures taken which are ongoing in nature.
Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose monitors, mist tents, etc.
Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have Registered Nurse (RN) license or certification
- Must be a US Citizen
- 1 or more years of ER experience
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
Phoenix, AZ is a bustling metropolis that combines the activity of a large city with the beauty of its natural desert landscape. Phoenix has the most land dedicated to parks and preserves of any other major city in the nation. In addition to the gorgeous desert local, Phoenix offers outstanding theater, shopping, dining, museums, and more, many infused with American Indian tradition.