Registered Nurse - Heart Pav Pre Post
Evening shift 3p-11p no weekends, no holidays, very limited call
The Heart Pavilion is a Preop Postop Unit that services the CVOR, Cath Lab, EP lab and IVOR. We also do transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE).
- Under the immediate direction of the unit Director/Nurse Manager/Lead Charge or other designated clinical management as assigned, provides for the delivery of safe, effective patient care and develops expertise in the care of a specific patient population/nursing diagnosis.
- Registered Nurses may be trained to fulfill Charge Nurse responsibilities when assigned. The Charge Nurse Orientation and Competency will be completed prior to assuming charge duties.
MINIMAL ACCEPTABLE JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse
- CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) within 30 days of hire
- Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of multidisciplinary care planning, as well as nursing procedures, equipment utilized and strong knowledge of applicable regulations of a particular patient population, i.e., cardiac care, med-surg., etc.
- Requires strong working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to perform direct patient care activities, recognize actual and potential problems, and collect data related to unit nursing care concerns.
- Requires leadership skills in order to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding nursing issues, participate in unit based decision making and support changes made.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please email monique_kimes@