Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers and transportation network. Were proud to operate across 10 states west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners because we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States. WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting)
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Assist customers in the seafood department by providing over-the-counter service and assisting customers with questions and orders. Operates and maintains the seafood area, prepares the area for seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly courteous customer service by serving customers from all department service cases by taking orders, answering questions and suggestive selling.
- Inspects all seafood product for quality and freshness, rotates and transfers back stock to clean iced luggers. Follows all Food Safety Handling rules as applied to proper receiving and rotating of raw and cooked seafood.
- Handles frozen product, fresh seafood, cuts and prepares all seafood products required for total daily sales according to SOP (e.g., salmon, halibut, etc.) for purchase or selling.
- Prepares case by pulling product out of the case, re-icing the case, putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Displays frozen items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, repacking & over wrapping, weighing and pricing product out, and placing in the desired location. Ices fresh freight by putting it in luggers, unpacking, etc.
- Re-packs freight by bringing luggers out, draining water and putting in new ice.
- Merchandises the frozen seafood and refrigerated self-serve seafood areas while insuring proper rotation and code dates.
- Merchandises the fresh seafood display cases by following the SOP standard for fresh fish display.
- Places proper signage on all products which includes pricing, description, code dating, and COOL information on all required products.
- Assist in the Deli Department when required and after all primary duties have been completed, including covering breaks and lunches in the Deli Department when needed.
- Maintains a constant awareness of customer and employee safety. Ensures the department/area of responsibility is kept clear of excess carts, baskets, garbage, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and eye-appeal of the seafood sales and frozen and fresh seafood storage areas, equipment and displays according to company policy and legal regulations.
- Cleans and maintains department equipment by breaking down and reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing solution.
- Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate balers; sweeping and mopping floors and coolers; cleaning and maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
- Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product and orders.
- Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated records.
- Fill department racks/shelves, displays, coolers, handle and use cleaning materials, department machines and equipment, perform other department duties as needed or directed.
- Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 6:00 am to 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform all duties described in the deli clerk job description when necessary.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufactures guidelines and instructions.
- Handle refrigerated and frozen food products and enter frozen and cold storage areas.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and compute weights and measures.
- Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Wear hat, hair net and other protective clothing.
- Effectively communicate with superiors concerning goals and methods.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 60 lbs. frequently.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, machines, equipment and work aides.
- Understand state & federal regulations if certification is needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Refer to the deli clerk job description for complete list.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiencesis essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Requisition ID: 50
Street: 11250 S.E. 82nd Ave
Salary Type: Hourly
Vacation Eligible: Yes
External Company URL:
Post End Date: 9/23/2022