Exclusive new opportunity to join a market-leading MedComms agency based in Manchester - although they are completely happy for you to work remotely as they had this instated pre-pandemic!
They are a mid-sized team and their main specialist therapy areas are based around obesity, diabetes, immunology and consumer health. They are actively seeking a highly capable Senior Medical Writer preferably with experience in MedComms agencies and publications. There are great opportunities to grow within the agency and as it's currently a really busy period for them so they are looking for someone who can hit the ground running!
Senior Medical Writer
At this senior-level position, you will be the content lead on several key accounts, responsible for ideating scientifically sound, strategic and impactful content. Putting soul in scientific knowledge is at the heart of what they do and as a team they have strong values behind everything they produce - as SMW you would be expected to instil these also within your projects.
Your contributions will be highly valued and will involve:
- Creating deliverables such as Pubs, Slide decks, Ad Boards, Symposia and Congress Posters/ Coverage
- Provide strategic direction and manage tactical delivery of scientific content for a range of medical communications
- Taking responsibility for aspects of team projects, and collaborating to meet agreed timelines, budgets and client expectations.
- Providing input to business development
- Provide research and content support for pitch development and other new business initiatives
- Strong scientific background
- Mix of science and creative knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong publications experience with experience in publication planning, as well as a good knowledge of relevant industry standards
- At least 2 years' professional medical writing experience in a medical communications agency, scientific or medical publishing company, or equivalent
In return you will receive a salary between £45000 - £55000 (depending on experience) the opportunity to work with leading pharmaceutical companies and excellent career support and development.
I'm very interested in hearing from you if you're available for a new permanent role and have experience within medical/ healthcare copywriting. You can find me on LinkedIn as Mollie Kent - Medical Writing specialist, X4 Communications. Alternatively, you can contact me on
This company is also hiring a Principal Medical Writer, so if you're looking at taking that step I would love to hear from you! If this role isn't what you're looking for, but you are on the lookout, please do let me know if there is something more specific you would like me to get in touch about instead.