Senior Sustainability Consultant (carbon footprint and net zero strategy)
Exciting opportunity to join this amazing London based purpose driven consultancy as a senior sustainability consultant.
This organisation has delivered award winning projects across the globe and across many sectors through a combination of experts from many different backgrounds coming together to create purpose driven solutions that meet the demands of our Planet and Society.
Operating as an employee-owned organisation (Social enterprise) they have a shared purpose and collaborative environment where everyone benefits from the success of the work delivered. They are a certified B-Corp and take great pride in hiring outstanding consultants that are driven, motivated and bring a passion to drive and deliver meaningful impacts.
- Senior Sustainability Consultant with at least 4 years of previous experience within sustainability.
- Skills and experience will need to include carbon footprint analysis and net zero strategies (public and private sector)
- We are looking for driven and passionate people who are looking to grow and develop their careers within the Net Zero/Carbon Footprint specialisation.
- Experienced in gathering and organising data, conducting analysis, forming key insights and recommendations and developing strategies to reduce impacts.
- Leading carbon footprint assessments for organisations (in line with GHG Protocol and SBTi Corporate Standard), supporting clients to set science-based targets, and developing carbon reduction action plans.
- Developing carbon reduction strategies for Local Authorities.
- Using and developing our established baseline tools and methodology.
- Contributing to business development activity including tender responses, competitions and direct proposals.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in environment, sustainability, engineering, or related discipline
- Technical knowledge and experience related to carbon foot printing and net zero strategies, spanning scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions
- A wider grounding in environmental and social sustainability themes
- Knowledge of policies and emerging solutions for net zero
- Experience in life cycle assessment (desirable)
- Actively working towards Chartership
• Ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders at all levels• Excellent organisation and project management skills• Strong analytical and research skills• Delivery of high-quality technical advice, reports, case studies, presentations and training materials, etc.• Client facing skills including expert advice during meetings and business development• Take a thoughtful approach to their work and embrace creative approaches to delivery• Experience in understanding opportunities in relation to net zero• Ability to identify co-benefits and articulate the business case for action on carbonPersonal Attributes
• Proactive approach• Team player• Great communicator• Passionate about building a better future