Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercialand personal insurance customers. It includes one of the worlds most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers througha diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role
This role underwrites Foreign Casualty Products under general supervision, analyzing and pricing risk in order to issue quotes and policies while ensuring standards and compliance guidelines are met. These individuals will manage key relationships and utilize technical underwriting skills within a collaborative group.
Responsibilities include :
- The role will be responsible for underwriting WorldRisk foreign package business for US domiciled insureds with foreign exposures
- Identifying risk exposures, special or common hazards, claims experience and appropriate controls.
- Adhering to guidelines and underwriting discipline to minimize exposure and appropriately price risks.
- Ensuring underwriting files and services standards and compliance guidelines are adhered to on assigned accounts.
- Offering coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Capturing market intelligence and broker feedback on accounts.
- Begin demonstrating technical expertise with product(s) in the Foreign Casualty portfolio.
- Demonstrating strong business acumen, financial and analytical skills, and critical thinking skills which lead to confident decision making and judgment.
- Demonstrating success in negotiation and building collaborative relationships.
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Appropriately balancing changing priorities based upon underwriting needs and performing within time constraints with a high volume of work.
- Provide mentoring and training to less experienced underwriters.
- Selling and negotiating to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company.
- Making presentations and communicating risk appetite and Foreign Casualty value proposition articulately to brokers and clients.
- Contributing to development of producer strategies.
- Developing and maintaining a submission pipeline sufficient to achieve overall production and business mix objective.
- Providing superior customer service to brokers and clients (internal & external).
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency, or Brokerage experience
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Ability to facilitate cross-function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions when necessary.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Exposure to Retail Casualty products is preferred. (i.e. Environmental, Excess or Primary Casualty, NA Auto, WC, AL, GL, DBA, Foreign Casualty)
A look at our benefits (For U.S. and UK only)
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. Were proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the Giving Back program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
LI-PB1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit:
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
In order to work from or visit an AIG office, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of AIGs COVID-19 vaccination policy, individuals hired into this position will be required to attest that they have been fully vaccinated and agree to have their vaccination status and proof of vaccination confidentially stored by AIG. Exemptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA