SOUS CHEF - Grow your career with Merrill Gardens!
Merrill Gardens, a privately-owned family company with a proud history of success is currently hiring a Sous Chef at Merrill Gardens at the University in Seattle, WA. Apply now to join one of the most respected senior living operators in the country!
Protecting the health and safety of our residents and team members is a top priority! Access to COVID-19 vaccines is available and is required for all of our team members.
Yes You Can have a meaningful Career!
We offer our employees:
- Highly competitive pay and benefits!
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more!
- Most evenings off! Our kitchen closes at 7:00! You'll be done by 8:00!
- Free daily meals!
- A rapidly growing company with opportunities for advancement!
- Company sponsored training!
If you are someone with:
- A minimum 5 years' experience in quality food preparation
- Experience in scratch cooking in a high volume, fine dining setting
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, etc.
We want to talk with you!
Consider applying to become a Sous Chef with Merrill Gardens!
Our Sous Chefs are responsible for:
- Preparing all food items following proper recipes and procedures specified by the Executive Chef.
- Regularly meeting with the Executive Chef to discuss menu preparation for the upcoming weeks. Suggesting ideas to improve food quality and efficient production of menus.
- Practicing correct food handling and food storage procedures (cover, label, date and properly store all food items) at all times.
- Completing assigned cleaning to ensure compliance and sanitary standards are met.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef, oversees and directs all dining service Team Members assigned during shift.
We are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work two years in a row 2018 and 2019 - ranked in the top tier in the country for exceptional workplaces!
Merrill Gardens was recognized as 2016 Family Business of the Year!
Our mission is to provide an inspiring environment for our residents, families, and team members where every life is defined by the possibilities.
If you are a team focused individual with a deep commitment to customer service, please start the online application process to become part of the Merrill family!
Merrill Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requests for Religious or Medical exemptions are available upon request.