Bernhards core mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering and Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) solutions to our clients. At the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhards vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through delivery of excellent, high value service and innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential Duties :
The Sr. Financial Modeling Analyst will join a small Financial Analytics & Modelling team with broad responsibilities and exposure to all aspects of a fast growing energy services company. The Sr. Financial Analyst will own financial models and actively assist in raising third party capital, structuring major project agreements, evaluating strategic opportunities, and making key investment decisions. The Sr. Financial Analyst responsibilities include:
- Build financial models of central utility, chilled water, and power projects to support the executive team on decisions regarding pricing, scenario analysis and capital structures.
- Build relationships with potential lenders and investors.
- Build and maintain financial models for project level economics.
- Run sensitivities and scenarios based on capacity, costs, revenue and regulations.
- Support executive team in developing pricing strategies for projects.
- Participate in meetings and calls with outside legal counsel, tax experts and accounting firms to understand regulations and tax treatments.
- Apply advanced principles of finance to analyze financial and non-financial information.
- Facilitate communication and understanding between the field finance & operations functions and corporate Profit & Budget Analysis.
- Interpret financial data to assist management with strategic decisions.
- Perform financial analysis of business results and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
This position is Full-Time Exempt, and reports to the VP Financial Modeling.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Microsoft Excel, VBA experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in quantitatively focused majors such as finance, accounting, economics or engineering.
- 7 10 years experience with taxable/tax exempt debt placement/negotiation/valuation.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- 7 10 years minimum experience in financial/business analyst capacity is a plus.
- 7 10 years minimum experience in financial modeling is a plus.
- Preferred: Functional experience in corporate finance, project finance, investment banking, fixed income.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- Comfortable in an environment of high growth with changing priorities, and competing demands for time.
Travel Requirements :
- Occasional travel up to 20% of the time
The base salary range for this position is $100,000- 120,000 per year, however, the base salary may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, Bernhard offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision, life, accident, and disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
Dont meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that diverse candidates are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Bernhard, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participate in the e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (Company) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of the Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your companys information to .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)