The Technical Operations Manager shall manage and lead operational squads infrastructure within our datacentres serving Advanced Software. Each squad will be familiar and invested in owning and constantly evolving service operations.Key to success will be a close-knit tribal culture of customer centric service. Communication and collaboration is paramount in this role, you will work closely with governance heads to distil best practices.
What You Will Do
• Constantly review and manage workload across the technical team, scheduling as required. • Mentor and coach direct reports, while supporting their personal development.• Act as a senior escalation point, objectively balancing all business needs• Measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that you develop, complementing those you are asked to provide. Everything must drive continual service improvement, best practices and iterative efficiencies.• Drive development of Business Continuity and impact analysis documentation, to focus service continuity in the event of a loss of component of the Service.• Highlight service needs that must feed into Capex & Opex budgeting.
What You Will Have
• Excellent communication verbal and written, being able to operate at all levels. Understand people and cultural differences to build good relationships with colleagues.• A proven track record in Operations and managing technical teams, establishing good culture; encourage the team to take ownership of problems, always being part of the solution.• Ability to ensure compliance of ISO 27001 and support audit activities for the cloud services your teams own.• Strong understanding of traditional hosted technologies and approaches (dedicated hosting, colocation, private cloud)• Good knowledge around networks and security (LAN/& WAN)• Ability to present concepts in authoritative and clear manner through white boarding, presentations, and proposals
What We Do For You
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days, plus public holidays, with the possibility to buy additional days
- Summer Fridays! Every Friday afternoon off throughout July and August 2022 (or equivalent time in the week)
- Life Insurance - 4x times annual salary
- Top Achievers Club - Our yearly VIP trip includes flights, transfers and accommodation to recognise excellence in our employees
- 65% Internal Mobility - Committed to the development & growth of our people
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discounts & benefits portal
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust; every employee is entitled to one day of volunteering each year
- Pension Scheme - Up to 5% matched contribution
Who We Are
We are one the UK's largest tech companies, and our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses. We've grown phenomenally quickly with a £275m turnover and 2,800 employees supporting over 25,000 customers. We hire for potential. We want to make sure we have the best people for the job and provide genuinely equal opportunities for our people to thrive. Our recruitment process is designed with inclusion and equity at its core.
Find out more about the next steps once you've applied here - how-we-hire