TV SD America is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to support the sales activities of TV SD's Automotive and Transportation EMC operations. This position will partner with Sales Account Executives to facilitate and foster business development activities, assist with technical inquiries, analyze International/OEM EMC specifications, and support onsite client visits. The successful candidate will maintain a strong working knowledge of regulatory compliance regulations and International/OEM EMC specifications as it pertains to the ECE R10 directive, OEM product standards, and recognized test methods, and will also be responsible for advancing account executives working knowledge of regulatory compliance regulations and International/OEM EMC specifications. The position will deal with the following service areas:
- Automotive EMC Testing
- Wireless Testing and Global Certifications
- Assistance per EU Directives (ECE R10)
- International Compliance and Global Market Access
- Support Account Executives in business development activities
- Build relationships with clients by serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales booking with the goal of being the customer's trusted advisor
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning with Account Executives and management
- Perform customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and regulatory requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions
- Develop test plans based on domestic and international product standards
- Develop, tailor, and deliver technical presentations
- Remain informed of changes to and developments of International/OEM test standards, test methods, and policies for existing and evolving technologies. Follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and share that knowledge with clients
- Participate in Automotive standard organizations and industry groups
- Assist with educating and furthering Account Executive's knowledge of regulatory requirements and applicable International/OEM EMC specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least two (2) years of work experience in an EMC or Electrical Test Lab
- Experience as an EMC Test Engineer
- Exposure to Automotive Components EMC testing; additional experience is beneficial (wireless, IT, consumer goods, machinery, lighting laboratory and/or equipment)
- Good communication skills, customer focus, work well in both an individual and a team environment, take direction positively, and contribute to the group
- Experience in service environment and/or project management
- Proven organizational skills, strong communication, are customer-driven, and have an ability/desire to support sales team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach with hands and arms; always requires employee to sit, talk or hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Position requires close vision.
- Ability and willingness to communicate frequently if required by telephone, fax and email and other communication tools to ensure that the organization's business is completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level is moderate in general labs spaces with periods of immoderate noise in vibration area.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
TV SD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following: Labor Law Poster