Choosing Mass Bay Credit Union means choosing to be a part of a community that cares about each other and about you. Primary Function:
Under the supervision of the Supervisor and the Department Manager, p erforms a variety of transactional and related duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with a high and consistent degree of accuracy, courtesy, and professionalism and in compliance with established policy and operating procedures. Maintains accurate transactional records, providing basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures, and complies with all external rules and regulations. Handles all member transactions with complete discretion and confidentiality. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and welcomes members and visitors to the Credit Union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner; and refers members and visitors to appropriate staff as needed.
- Provides prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions; and handles all transactions for members with discretion and confidentiality.
- Organizes and sets up work station for daily activity, i.e., obtains necessary forms, brochures, and supplies for individual work station, and orders cash as needed.
- Processes a variety of savings and related transactions, i.e. receiving deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, mortgage payments. These are done under the supervision of the assigned supervisor and within the limits of established Credit Union policy;
- Receives share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verifies amounts, examines share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Disburses currency to members, verifying accuracy in the computer system.
- Issues share checks, traveler's checks, money orders, etc.
- Accountable for transfer to and from cash vault according to approved procedures.
- Accountable for balance of cash draw at the end of the day that compares with computer-generated proof sheet, without exception. Researches and resolves any balance discrepancies. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Bundles checks, scans, and prepares transit to Core Processor.
- Informs members of credit union products and services, explaining features and benefits; and cross-sells products and services when appropriate and within scope of responsibility.
- Maintains up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all products and services that are handled or promoted by Teller staff.
- Maintains up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all related polices and procedures, and external rules and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
- Answers phones and routes calls to appropriate personnel and/or takes messages.
- Attends training sessions upon request.
- Adheres to the anti-money laundering policy and the Bank Secrecy laws.
- Assumes other duties as new products, services, or technology are introduced.
Note: The above is a description of the ordinary and essential duties of the position. Other duties both related and unrelated to the above may be assigned and therefore required. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Professional and pleasant interpersonal and communication skills are essential for serving members, cross-selling products, and projecting a positive image as representative of the Credit Union.
- Work requires general knowledge of all credit union products and services, knowledge of external rules and regulations in cash-handling transactions, including Bank Secrecy Act Laws.
- Position requires education equivalent to a four-year high school education. Use of computer equipment is required for member account transactions.
- Position requires limited knowledge of cash handling and/or member/customer service experience.
- Position requires the ability to read and understand oral and written instructions. Requires the ability to effectively communicate with members or employees and to solve day-to-day problems involving several variables in standard situations.
- Intermediate mathematical skill required (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, percentages, interest) are required.
- Position requires standing or sitting for the majority of the day, as well as lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds when moving coin and cash drawer.
The above information on this position has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.