The Universal Banker provide a proactive, consultative style of banking that builds customer relationships based on trust and the ability to identity financial needs and recommend solutions. You will be responsible for assisting with branch operations, delivering a unique and memorable client experience, achieving sales goals and handling service requests. You will perform additional duties as assigned and must be able to work in a team environment that requires the ability to multi-task, pay great attention to detail, and a passion for customer service.
Service Area Responsibilities:
- Proactively greet customers by performing lobby management activities to connect with customers, assess reason for visiting the branch and assess customers accordingly:
- With a high level of accuracy, efficiency and professionalism, responsible for providing excellent customer service to clients by processing all branch related transactions.
Financial Sales Responsibilities
- Responsible for keeping current and being knowledgeable of all Bank's products and services in order to communicate to new and existing clients.
- Maintains customer information on those expressing interest in future financial discussions and of pertinent customer information including notations about future events that may involve need of financial services/products
- Proactively contacts customers to present pre-approved offers for financial products/services or to offer a general financial overview and schedules customer meeting to conduct a structured financial review to obtain understanding of their financial situation.
- Based on customer's needs, makes recommendations on services/products that would assist customer in meeting their needs. Create customer loyalty and grow customer through a differentiated customer experience. Educate customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tool and resources.
- Communicate clearly and accurately to customer of financial products/services including benefits, requirements and any associated fees or costs associated with product/service.
- Identify and refer when appropriate to a customer to another Bank associate or department to discuss certain financial products/services
- Participates in daily operations of the Branch which may include transaction servicing on the platform or in the sales associate area.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and overall security
- Notifies appropriate Bank staff when a situation poses potential risk or when a customer demonstrates suspicious behavior.
- Work closely with other departments as necessary to troubleshoot and resolve customer situations.
- Contributes to the responsibility of meeting monthly branch and/or individual scorecard goals on a consistent basis by monitoring self-performance and following action plans
- Determine when appropriate to make policy exceptions within established guidelines (e.g., fee waivers, funds availability) in order to maintain positive customer relations
- May be responsible for branch opening/closing procedures
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Bank's objectives and goals by performing as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree a plus
- Minimum of three (3) years of previous professional level of customer contact and service working experience or minimum of two (2) years of prior working experience in a Banking environment, preferably in a branch is required
- Prior experience in handling and being accountable for money is required
- Ability to successfully complete the Bank's in-house Training Program within a reasonable timeframe required
- Ability to demonstrate in a professional manner, a sales-oriented and relationship building demeanor
- Ability to perform basic math calculations is required
- Demonstrates ability to interact confidently with clients is essential
- Ability to be initiative in self-directed learning of Bank's products/services in order to expand and become well versed with the products/services offered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel) required
- Understanding and working knowledge of appropriate core banking system is beneficial
- Being detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently and in a team environment is essential.
- Demonstrated professionalism is required
- Ability to travel within branch region of up to 15%
- Customer Service focused - Provide high level of customer service with the ability to be a self-starter and be comfortable interacting with customers, centers of influence and internal partners, based on their needs and adapt to each customer's situation;
- Relationship and account management- Establish and maintain positive banking relationships with customers. Ability to identify products and services a customer may be interested in or that may apply to a customer.
- Business Development - apply the Bank's products and services to identify and engage potential clients to create opportunities
- Accountability one's own success in meeting personal and branch goals
- Organization and Time Management - Prioritize and ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Collaboration - working with others in order to achieve goals, provide customer service and building a team environment
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach over teller counter or desk area to receive customer transaction documents
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to travel via automobile or public transportation
At United, we value all of the relationships we have built since 1839. We are committed to providing each relationship with an unmatched level of service. While we offer competitive products, services, rates, and technology, the level of service we provide and our commitment to building relationships is what sets us apart from our competitors. Our 211 full-service banking offices and 15 loan origination offices in West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina and Washington, D.C. are each built on customer service and commitment to the community. United is backed by a history of safe, sound and secure banking practices that have allowed us to navigate through decades of changing economic environments. Because of this, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities can rely on us to be their banking partner for decades to come. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Equal Opportunity Employer.