Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and annual discretionary bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
Underwriting position to support the Milwaukee Middle Market Commercial Banking team.
Analyze commercial business financial statements ranging from $20 million to $100 million in revenue.
Calculate critical credit metrics such as cash flow, leverage, working capital, and collateral coverage.
Ability to assess overall risk profile of existing and new customers and communicate critical ideas and issues with the line of business and credit partners.
What you will be doing:
- Evaluates commercial and industrial ( C&I ) banking loan requests for closely held companies with revenues typically between $20 to $100 Million using a thorough knowledge of loan policy, guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective time management by balancing multiple priorities within individual workload.
- Communicates with and effectively interacts with all levels of management, including lending personnel, loan operations staff and related departments
- Analyzes the financial condition of existing and prospective bank customers. Accurately reviews financial statements and tax returns submitted by applicants and is capable of evaluating a borrower's ability to repay. Recognizes trends, positive or negative, impacting risk to repayment, the Bank's collateral position or ability of the business to satisfactorily operate. Recommends risk rating adjustments, higher or lower, supported by changes in the borrower's financial condition, collateral or other factors impacting the credit's risk.
- Analyzes industries and has a thorough knowledge of the risks associated with those industries. Assesses the risks inherent in each industry and suggests appropriate financing structures accordingly.
- Analyzes and validates customer borrowing base reporting for formula based lines of credit. Reports on delinquent reporting and/or over advance situations.
- Maintains tickler system for accurate tracking and reporting of borrower required reporting including financial statements, tax returns, covenants, etc.
- Makes sound credit decisions based on accurate analysis of information provided with loan requests.
- Seeks alternative means of financing or counter offers for all borrowers, if appropriate, when it is determined that the original request cannot be accommodated
Bachelor's degree with a business, finance, economics or accounting major (preferred)
- Formal Bank credit training is preferred, with a strong understanding of general credit and risk principles, mitigates, and banking policies/procedures
- 3+ years in financial services industry experience, with a working knowledge of banking environment, products and all supporting processes and technology
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills. Proven ability to manage tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on relationship building
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritize work flow.
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.