REQ ID: 97711
JOB TITLE: Whole Vehicle Zonal Integration Senior Technical Specialist
POSTING END DATE: 27/09/2022
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Vehicle Zonal Integration teams within Vehicle Architectures/Vehicle Engineering are responsible for integrating the engineering (components and systems) within their specific zones to ensure delivery of attribute, form and function. As the Senior Technical Specialist for this area you'll be a strategic cross-functional resource for the company.
A newly created role, the Whole Vehicle Zonal Integration Senior Technical Specialist will develop the future company strategy by leading a team that develops the technical requirements, methods and toolsets employed by the multiple Zonal Integration teams that shape JLR's future world-class Products. You'll be expected to teach, mentor and present at all levels internally and externally to the business.
In your role you'll:
• Develop a business aligned vision/strategy for technical delivery of the Vehicle Zonal/Geometric attribute
• Lead the Off-Cycle Vehicle Geometric Integration (GI) Methods & Tools group including Technical Specialists and Subject Matter Experts for Under body, Upper body and AVA
• Lead the team of Technical Specialists/SME within the team that deliver the Upper body & Underbody GI requirements (Legal/Trustmark/SDS/Attribute/Requirements/Standards) and evolve them commensurate with changes in the automotive landscape (eg autonomous driving, ADAS, Connected Car etc) and customer quality feedback and support Pre Concept activities as appropriate
• Develop the strategy for the JLR Virtual Reality Visualisation Toolset (Cave, ICL), working with Human Factors specialists, IT and external technical software and hardware partners to develop the capability of our Virtual Reality Visualisation Toolset in order to deliver better Upper body and Underbody designs more efficiently and to support a reduction in Time to Market (left-shift)
• Lead the internal Physical Properties ("Packaging Buck'') department, delivering synergies with the Virtual Visualisation toolset in order to leverage both capabilities and save cost
• Ensure there is a clear communication link between the "Off cycle" Package Engineering Technical Specialist / SME group and the "On cycle" project delivery Geometric/Zone Integration teams to ensure the latest knowledge is cascaded and delivered by the "On cycle" teams
• Lead/represent the Tech Centre in the Agile "Off cycle" QBR process and conduct regular cross Tech Centres and research department product reviews to ensure knowledge sharing opportunities are maximised within the department
• Lead the Knowledge Centre activities for the ZI/GI team. Ensure Knowledge centre is up to date and value progression over time of all Upper body & Underbody area Knowledge Based Tools e.g. for Upper body: Forward & Indirect Vision, Dash layout & setup, Pedals setup & positioning, IP & Console layout, Occupant Setup and Positioning, Roominess and Postural Comfort, Master Sections, Manikin Ownership & Release, Load space volume calculations & key dimensions, Electrical Integration (EDS & Modules), Stowage
• Lead the skills development within the wider ZI/GI team for the technical methods and toolsets to ensure the technical competencies within the team are developed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• In-depth knowledge and technical expertise in all matters concerning Vehicle Underbody and Upper body Packaging, including Requirements, Standards and Legal
• Understands the inter-dependencies and influences of the Underbody package/architecture on the Upper body Interior comfort, space and visibility
• Capable of developing technical strategies for a department and delivering them within the wider teams
• Leadership of a team within a technical framework with exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail
• The ability to communicate, influence and build relationships effectively at all levels of seniority within the business
• Experience of working with Agile methodology and the concept of Value prioritisation
• Previous work within a multidiscipline Engineering team
• Experience of technical problem resolution
• Knowledge of System validation processes
• Experience in the science of Ergonomics
• Fully competent in CAD creation and visualisation - Catia V5 & V6 & 22x
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you will find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team. As well as the impressive benefits that all our employees receive (including a privilege car purchase scheme, competitive pension scheme and 26 days holiday entitlement), there are some additional benefits open to our Senior Managers. This includes access to our highly competitive Employee Car Ownership (ECO) scheme which provides two cars at extremely favourable cost compared to traditional company car lease schemes. In addition to the car scheme we provide private health cover (which includes travel insurance) and performance-related bonus schemes. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.