We have a current opportunity for a Youth Work Development Manager on a permanent basis. The position will require frequent travel to Walthamstow, Northolt and Hayes on a weekly basis.
About the role:
To manage, oversee, and develop the day to day running of all Services for Young people aged 11- 25 years old with a focus on those that face disadvantage, delivered by YMCA St Paul's Group. This will include developing and implementing new services to ensure the sustainability and positive impact of the department.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Lead on the recruitment and induction of all Youth work staff.
- Provide line management, motivational leadership, mentoring and coaching to the staff team, ensuring clarity of direction, effective communication and personal and professional development.
- Conduct regular supervision meetings and Regular Work Reviews to help monitor staff performance; identify training needs where necessary.
- Holding regular team meetings to ensure good communication and best practice is disseminated, and encouraging a cohesive staff team who support one another's roles.
- Manage rotas, staff cover, and absence for sickness and annual leave.
- Oversee the completion and timely submission of all HR paperwork, such as Staff Changes, Starter and Leaver Forms.
- Positively recognise and effectively utilise the skills which individuals bring to the staff team.
Finance and Budgetary Management
- Work with the Head of Children Youth and Families team to set annual budgets.
- Manage the Youth Work budget, with support from Head of Children Youth and Families.
- Maintain accurate financial and performance records, and produce reports as and when required by management.
- Identify alternative sources of funding for new pieces of work, working with the Fundraising department where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation including Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Data Protection and Health and Safety guidelines and policies. Oversee all information provided to statutory agencies and the police.
- Deputise for other Team Leaders within YMCA SPG as and when required.
- Assist in the collation of statistics and data for the purpose of reporting to the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, and other external stakeholders or funders.
- Able to proficiently use IT systems, including working with databases, Microsoft office, email, internet
- Attend all relevant training and development programmes.
- Attend all relevant cross departmental, and Corporate Office meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by line manager.
Scope and Limits of Authority
- Deputise for other CYF Managers within YMCA SPG as and when required.
- Undertake all duties with regard to the Association's Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and other policies and procedures adopted by the Association.
- The post holder will have the authority to purchase equipment, sign off invoices, and approve timesheets.
Requirements for the role:
If you have experience in the above area's and are looking for your next challenge, please apply today and we will be in touch!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.