We are looking for our next great Overnight Cook for our Zippy's restaurant location in Waiau! As a Cook, you are in charge of providing quality food consistently and efficiently, be back up to the cook, prep work, or line work in the kitchen. The graveyard shift will be from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am.
The Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Cooks food orders to the guest's preference while adhering to Company established recipes, portions, and methods.
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to proper food handling procedures and safety/ sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Replenishes all supplies according to designated quantities and time requirements. Minimizes waste and ensures that stock is always fresh by checking dates and rotating stock.
- Maintains a safe, sanitary, and organized workspace.
- Completes Utility job duties in the absence of the Utility position on shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 12 months of the date of hire OR Dated/Issued at the age of 16 or older.
- Pass a drug screening test
- Meet assigned shift requirements
- Regularly push, pull, and carry objects; Stand and walk for at least 6-8 hours
- Light to Medium work. Exerting up to 20 to 50 pounds of force.
- Reach shoulder level and below waist constantly, and above the head occasionally
- Good understanding and comprehension of the English language.
- Basic Math and writing skills
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Enjoy multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Punctual, dependable, and thoroughness
- Previous culinary experience and/or education preferred